[Sentinels at their post]
- First Soldier. If we be not relieved within this hour,
We must return to the court of guard: the night
Is shiny; and they say we shall embattle
By the second hour i' the morn.
[Enter DOMITIUS ENOBARBUS]
- Domitius Enobarus. Be witness to me, O thou blessed moon,
When men revolted shall upon record
Bear hateful memory, poor Enobarbus did
Before thy face repent!
- Domitius Enobarus. O sovereign mistress of true melancholy,
The poisonous damp of night disponge upon me,
That life, a very rebel to my will,
May hang no longer on me: throw my heart
Against the flint and hardness of my fault:
Which, being dried with grief, will break to powder,
And finish all foul thoughts. O Antony,
Nobler than my revolt is infamous,
Forgive me in thine own particular;
But let the world rank me in register
A master-leaver and a fugitive:
O Antony! O Antony!
- First Soldier. Let's hear him, for the things he speaks
May concern Caesar.
- First Soldier. Swoons rather; for so bad a prayer as his
Was never yet for sleep.
- First Soldier. The hand of death hath raught him.
[Drums afar off]
Hark! the drums
Demurely wake the sleepers. Let us bear him
To the court of guard; he is of note: our hour
Is fully out.
[Exeunt with the body]