The Merry Wives of Windsor
• To print this text, click here
• To save this text, go to your browser's File menu, then select Save As
Act IV, Scene 3
A room in the Garter Inn.
[Enter Host and BARDOLPH]
- Bardolph. Sir, the Germans desire to have three of your
horses: the duke himself will be to-morrow at
court, and they are going to meet him.
- Host. What duke should that be comes so secretly? I hear
not of him in the court. Let me speak with the
gentlemen: they speak English?
- Bardolph. Ay, sir; I'll call them to you.
- Host. They shall have my horses; but I'll make them pay;
I'll sauce them: they have had my house a week at
command; I have turned away my other guests: they
must come off; I'll sauce them. Come.